As I explained in this posting, it was my birthday on Monday and I treated myself by ordering online the latest (third generation) version of the iPad. It duly arrived by post on Wednesday. Already there are many things that I love about it:
- It has my name and mobile number engraved on the back.
- It was incredibly easy to set up – even for me.
- It automatically downloaded all the apps that I had on my old (first generation) iPad.
- It is slimmer than the old iPad.
- It is lighter than the old iPad.
- The screen is much sharper.
- It downloads my new e-mail even faster.
- It loads web pages even faster.
- I now have the iPad version of the “Guardian” (free because I subscribe to the print version).
- I have the clever cover which switches the thing on when you open the cover.
- The cover also acts as a stand with variable positions.
There are other features of the New iPad that I need to learn over the weeks ahead. Also apparently there are other uses for the New iPad that I haven’t explored yet – such as this one: