Each day, many thousands of people visit this site. It is intended to be truly international and eclectic and, if you use the search facility to the right, you'll find that there is something about almost every country and virtually every topic somewhere in the nearly 170 sections.
If you have any comments or suggestions, I'd be pleased to hear from you and I promise to respond. E-mail me.
Thought For The Week
To receive a weekly e-mail containing my Thought For The Week and what's new on this website, e-mail me.
“Studies show that smiling can cause happiness as well as be a consequence of it because the conscious decision to smile unconsciously makes you happier as a result.”
"Happiness By Design” by Paul Dolan (2014)
- A review of the Simon Mawer novel "Tightrope"
- A review of the new film "The Great Wall"
- A review of the novella "Of Mice And Men"
- A review of the new film "Lion"
- A review of the 2015 film "Chappie"
- A review of the new movie "La La Land"